PTI Webinar Series - Emerging Tech and New Approaches to Communicating with the Public
The PTI Webinar Series is presented by CompTIA’s Public Technology Institute (PTI) in association with the National Governors Association (NGA), the National League of Cities (NLC) and NASCIO.
The COVID-19 pandemic has impacted the way government communicates with the public. For many citizens, their city or county website has become a go-to resource for health and safety information and updates on government programming and response to the crisis. In response to improve public information and communication, government digital service professionals have utilized new processes and a wide array of strategies and tools to reach out to the public in a time of uncertainty.
This session will cover the following topics:
• Using AI and other new tools to engage the public
• Effective management of evolving technologies
• Unified approaches to social media and public engagement
• The role of digital service professional in a crisis
• Managing misinformation
• Rosetta Lue, former White House Presidential Executive Fellow and Senior Contact Center Advisor to the Department of Veterans' Administration and the City of Philadelphia’s first Chief Customer Experience Manager
• Chris Nchopa-Ayafor, Chief Information Officer, Tarrant County, Texas
• Gregg Turnbull, Web Services Team Leader, Larimer County, Colorado