PTI Webinar Series - Opportunities for Collaboration: Working Together to Solve Common Challenges
The PTI Webinar Series is presented by CompTIA’s Public Technology Institute (PTI) in association with the National Governors Association (NGA), the National League of Cities (NLC) and NASCIO.
In a recent PTI survey of local government CIOs, 49% responded that their relationship with the state CIO is non-existent. In 2019, in response to a wave of ransomware and cybersecurity attacks, we saw state IT agencies come to the aid of local governments. In many places, this collaboration continued in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Local and state government technology leaders are developing a spirit of collaboration by working together to solve common challenges and share resources and expertise.
This session will cover the following topics:
• Shared and managed services
• Emerging tech and innovation
• Workforce development
• Maggie Brunner, Program Director, Homeland Security and Public Safety Division, NGA Center for Best Practices, National Governors Association
• Alan Shark, Executive Director, Public Technology Institute
• Meredith Ward, Director of Policy and Research, NASCIO